Wednesday, April 2, 2014

OMG, I can't believe I forgot to tell you!!!

Newborn baby friend from this post text me last night to ask about random friend from the past. Random past friend posted something about mom and baby doing fine on his facebook and she was curious who he had a kid with... Hell if I know, I haven't talked to him in MONTHS. Regardless, Here's how the texts went:

Mind you, I haven't gotten a text or phone call from her since before that kid was BORN

A: "So who is C having a baby with?"
Me: I have no idea. We don't see him much anymore
A: Oh, ok. How are you?

(at this point I was pretty sure she didn't really care but decided to humor her (and maybe bait her a little))

Me: Eh, I'm ok
A: What's up? I never get to sleep more than 3 hours at a time
Me: Yeah, well I'm going to have to go through fertility treatments to have that problem

(Cue the awwwww snap)

A: What?!?
A: :(
Me: Yep, totally broken. I have a Dr appt on the 9th to see where we start
A: I'm so sorry! Let me know if I can do anything
Me: Thanks, right now it's just a lot of waiting. It's pretty scary actually

And that was the end of the conversation.

5 comments:

  1. I think people that haven't been through it just don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say you're kind of amazing for having that conversation? I wish I could do that instead of being all sneaky-sneak about it with the vast majority of friends. It's not a talk anyone wants to have, but I think it's really cool that you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just really kind of sick of the passive aggressive BS about how AWFUL it is to have a newborn... I mean seriously, get over yourself. It might have been snarky, but I sure felt good :)

      Delete
  3. No response? I mean it started off ok but the no response is pretty hard. People don't know what to say to people with infertility or miscarriage issues. They need coaching. But the more things are talked about the more comfortable people feel. Sorry Holly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm not even sweating it. She has been floating out of my life for some time now and honestly, I've got enough going on than to attempt to nurture a dead end friendship.

      Delete