Friday, April 25, 2014

The pitter patter of little feet will soon grace my house! (It's not what you think)

But it won't be a baby, and it won't be mine. It will be my almost 5 year old third cousin once removed.. or something like that.

My family dynamics are interesting. I'm really close with my cousins on my dad's side and I'm also close with the extended cousins as well. So, let's see if I can explain this is the least confusing way possible. S's grandmother and my grandmother are sisters. She had a pretty rough go with her marriage and after the divorce she and her son moved in with her Grandma. Her crazy ass uncle lives there too... we call him Druncle because he's a raging alcoholic. Anyway, that situation hasn't been great but as a single mom with a serving job, it was what she dealt with. A couple nights ago Druncle pushed her, she called the cops and pressed charges.

She called me, we have room, she and her son are moving in this weekend. Simple as that. It will be a little cramped until we get the basement finished but we'll make it work.

So yeah, that's it for now. Tomorrow is the Infertility Conference so I'm sure I'll have a TON of stuff to talk about then :)

-h

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to everyone. It's a rough situation and I'm glad you could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so kind of you to open your home to your relative in need. I'm sure you'll be able to provide some good in this rough situation for them.

    ReplyDelete