Saturday, January 25, 2014

Not your average infertility blog

I'm Holly, I'm 29, married and struggling with infertility.

I know, I know.. Join the club sister, there are thousands of women struggling with it. What makes you so special? Nothing, absolutely nothing makes my story special or note-worthy but I've noticed something while out there scouring the web.. Women suck when it comes to this subject!!

There are weird little cliques on every single forum out there and if you don't fit, you aren't welcome. So fuck them, I'm starting my own club.

I'm calling it the "Screw your silver-linings, not always positive, what the hell are all these abbreviations, infertility group"

Ok so maybe the name needs work.

But here are the basics, you won't ever see me post a fucking GLOSSARY, there are no diagnosis stipulations, no lengths of time trying that aren't welcome and I won't ever belittle your concerns by telling you to "just keep trying" or "if it's meant to be, it will happen" or "just think positive". If any of those worked, we'd all have Duggar sized families by now, so fuck that.

Also, I cuss.. A lot. I'm a grown up, I'm emotional and I can. If this isn't your thing, that's fine, maybe this isn't the page for you.

This is my safe place to worry, out loud, without judgment. Some of this might be happy, most of it will probably be angry and sad. That's your warning, full disclosure. If you've made it this far, welcome aboard.

-h

No comments:

Post a Comment